In Kerala Women not only out number men, but also outlive them, So the martial status of women in Kerala is very important . It could influence the overall level of care and support they receive from their family and society. Statics shows only 3.5 percent of the total male population in Kerala are widowers and the proportion of the widowed female population is 11.56% . This gender gap adversely affect women in every sphere of her life.
It is in this context, the Government of Kerala envisages the scheme called Mangalya to encoverage widow remarriage. The scheme imparts financial assistance for the widows/divorced to remarry.
The following particulars should be attached to the application form .
- Proof of remarriage
- Death Certificate of first Husband
- Legal document of divorce (For divorced women )
- Proof of BPL/Priority Category
- Proof of age in the from of school leaving certificate or certificate issued by competent authority.
- Proof of remarriage certificate.
- Certificate from Village officer showing that husband has deserted the women for over 7 years (for such applicant )
- Copy of bank pass
Financial/Help Assistance pattern
Financial Assistance of Rs. 25000/- is provided for eligible widows and divorced women.
Application should be forwarded to District Women and Child Officers through Child Development Project Officers.
Forms Mangalya - Application Form
Handling Section in WCD Directorate
Section: Women Empowerment Cell (WEC)
Name: SOFI M R
Designation: Senior Clerk