The number of women Headed family in Kerala is very High. Majority of these families are living in deplorable conditions. The scheme propose to extend a helping hand to these families by way of providing financial assistance to the education of children.
- BPL/Priority Family (Children of HIV/AIDS affected persons, socially discriminated persons are Irrespective of their priority / BPL status ).
- Family in which husband of woman is bedridden and not able to cover livelihood, due to stroke/or spinal injury is eligible (Medical Certificate to be submitted from a Government Doctors.)
- Only two children of a family are eligible
- The child who avail any other scholarship is not eligible for the assistance. A certificate to this effect has to be obtained from the head of educational institution where the Child is studying.
- The child must study in Government or Government aided School or College.
Financial/Help Assistance pattern
Children below 5 years and between 1st and 5th standard Rs. 3000/year
Between 6th and 10th standard Rs. 5000/year
Plus One Plus Two Rs, 7500/year
Degree and above Rs. 10000/year
Handling Section in WCD Directorate
Section: Women Empowerment Cell (WEC)
Name: SOFI M R
Designation: Senior Clerk