The 1000 days programm focuses on following outcomes.
- Early initiation of breastfeeding within one hour of birth.
- Exclusive breastfeeding during the first six months of life.
- Timely introduction of complementary foods at six months.
- Age-appropriate ,energy and nutrient- dense complementary foods for children 6-24 months of age with continued breastfeeding.
- Hygienic complementary feeding practices.
- Full immunization and bi-annual vitamin A supplementation with deworming..
- Frequent feeding and breastfeeding during and after illness, including oral rehydration therapy zinc supplementation for children with diarrhea.
- Timely and quality therapeutic feeding and case for children with severe acute malnutrition.
- Early detection of disability in Children.
Target GroupMother & Child
All pregnant women lactating mothers and children under the age of two are eligible for the various services under this scheme.
Medical camps are conducted every three months for all pregnant and lactating women. Beneficiaries for therapeutic food is selected on the recommendation of the medical officers who examine the women during the medical camp. Food (ready to cook) is distributed to selected beneficiaries from AWCs once a month.
- Supplementary nutrition
- IFA tablets
- Health check ups
- Nutrition and Health Education
- Reproductive health educatio
Beneficiaries who are eligible can register at the nearest AWC for getting the services. There is no need for any application forms to avail the services.
Grievance Redressal Mechanism
Grievances can be addressed to the concerned CDPOs office
Handling Section in WCD Directorate
Section: ICDS - A Section (Directorate)
Seat: ICDS A5 - Seat
Name: SIJI G NAIR